Midway is located at the intersection of County Road 450 W. and County Road 775 N.
Another view of Midway showing the famous barn covered with 1961 and 1962 license plates.
Originally named for its location between Evansville and Troy, Midway was first platted in 1854. Situated in agricultural land in west-central Spencer County, Midway's first store was opened in 1862, followed by the first church in 1870 and a two-room school in 1875.
Although the town no longer has a store, it still supports two churches, a fertilizer and seed company, and Gwaltney Park, which was named after its first doctor, Josiah J. Gwaltney.
The park includes two shelter houses, one enclosed and one open, which are available for rent.